Cathryn Farley Photography

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Play Date

For those of you who know me, this will not come as a shock....I am not a baby person.  I never have been - not really even with my own fabulous offspring.  I love them, no doubt - but I do not get warm and fuzzy holding them.  This news is good for some - I am not a baby hog.  I am not the first one in line excited to hold any of my friends beautiful new arrivals.  This used to perplex me - I wasn't quite sure what was wrong with me?   And then I figured it out - I thrive on interaction and feedback.  Babies don't interact much except for the crying thing.  And that is when, if I happen to be holding a little bundle of joy, I promptly hand them back to the brave soul who brought them into the world.

So - this biggest challenge?  Photographing them.  This has been quite an obstacle because I couldn't find my comfort level.  Until now - baby E and her amazing mother came by for a shoot last week and we had fun!  baby E was such a perfect little model and such a good sport.  Mom and I put her in hats, bows, baskets and so on to get that perfect shot.  Turns out, we got a few.

Thanks to baby E, I have been inspired.